Well, this is fun! I can’t say I fully understand what a Liebster Award is, but no doubt it is very flattering and much appreciated.
Thanks to Divorced Kat for the nomination; If I could nominate you, and your awesome blog right back, I would!
I hope I followed the instructions correctly!
Here are the answers to the questions that were posed to me:
1. What movie do you own on DVD (or VHS?!) but you’ll still watch it if you find it on TV?
Terms Of Endearment
2. Did you want to have children when you grew up? Do you have them now?
Yes, I wanted to adopt 18 (one of each age, to be fair) and have a bunch of my own. Now I have two boys and, as amazing as they are, they have helped me determine that two kids is enough.
3. Who was the first person you said “I love you” to?
I’d have to guess it was my mom, unless you mean romantically and then, hmmm, I wrote poems saying “I love you” to a long list of crushes, but I think/hope I didn’t say it out loud until I was in a serious relationship.
4. How would you describe the way your home is decorated?
Eclectic, minimalist, smattered with boys’ things.
5. What was your most significant travel experience?
At 22, I left North America for the first time to backpack throughout Europe. Completely alone and with very little money, I discovered art and culture and developed a whole new world view. That trip changed the course of my life in every way.
6. When you think back on losing your virginity, how do you feel about it now?
I actually feel great about it. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that. 😉
7. Other than the Liebster Award, have you ever won and award?
The first and favorite was an award for “Best Father’s Day Essay” in some local writing competition. I think I was about 11.
8. What is your greatest character flaw?
Over thinking. I can talk myself into everything and, just as quickly, out of everything. It’s a tad stifling (understatement). This critical nature can sometimes be off-putting to others.
9. What book did you read for school and you ended up loving?
Sula, by Toni Morrison. It was my first foray into the world of another culture and recognizing how deep my empathy ran.
10. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
Rush, the Ron Howard movie. I thought I’d be bored to tears (race cars etc.). I absolutely LOVED it.
11. Disney World: awesome or creepy?
Awesome and creepy. Sorry, I just can’t decide. It’s like the happiest, most gluttonous, expensive, overwhelming, exhausting, germ-filled, wonderful place on earth. Oh, I’m answering for Disneyland because I’ve never been to Disney World but, I’m assuming they are about the same.
How awesome are you? Pretty freaking awesome! Congratulations and big thank you hugs. Loved learning more about you.
I can’t wait to learn more about you too! 🙂
Thank you for the nomination, you are too kind.
You’re welcome! I’m looking forward to reading your answers!